We take your privacy seriously. This policy sets out the basis upon which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
You have or will provide personal information to receive details of our products and services, or those arranged by us with other suppliers, such as Paypal or as part of a contract with us. We will only use this information for these purposes and never pass your personal details to any other companies.
1) What Information Do We Hold?
A. Information that you give us. When filling in forms on our websites, apps, events or activities we run, corresponding with us by phone, email or letter, it includes information you provide when you register to use our site, pay for materials, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, surveys, campaigns and when you report a problem with our site. The in- formation you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, the church you attend, financial and credit card information, personal description, stories and/or photographs.
B. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting,
browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our office and staff members.
C. Information we receive from other sources. We may also receive information about you from other websites that we control, third parties who work closely with us including, for example payment and delivery services, (Paypal and UPS) and search information providers.
D. If you are a trypraying employee or volunteer we may also hold certain categories of sensitive information such as personal financial details, age, gender, marital status, date of birth, full employment and educational history, references, medical and criminal records.
2) How Will We Use Your Information?
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to interactively use features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To provide your essential updates on the services we provide, such as information regarding the events and activities you are interested in.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we offer to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- If you sign up for electronic newsletters or bulletins we will use your information to send you news and information about trypraying.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records or our employees and volunteers.
3) Where Do We Store Your Personal Data?
- We are committed to holding your personal information securely. Only trypraying staff or volunteers that need to see the data can access it.
- We may store your information on computers, in paper form, or both.
- All computers that store any personal data are password protected.
- Laptop computers and similar devices that contain confidential information are encrypted.
- Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises in a locked safe.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4) What Is Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Data?
- Our legal basis for processing personal data is different depending upon the purpose it was collected for. The following list covers the main types of data that we hold, for a full list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data collected from forms you complete during events and activities is held and processed on the basis of Legitimate Interests, GDPR paragraph 6(1)(d).
- Contact preferences for email, text, phone or postal marketing and newsletters and news mailing and marketing lists are processed on the basis of Consent (unless otherwise stated), GDPR paragraph 6(1)(f). You have the right to with- draw consent at any time. To withdraw consent email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data collected through our paper and online booking systems for events and courses we run is held for our legitimate interests, GDPR paragraph 6(1)(d) or because of a contractual obligation to do so, GDPR paragraph 6(1)(b).
- Employee and volunteer data records are processed to comply with Legal Obligations, GDPR paragraph 6(1)(c) and to fulfil our Legitimate Interests as a church 6(1)(d).
5) How Long Do We Hold Your Data?
- The length of time that we will retain your data will vary depending upon the purpose for which it is processed.
- Data that is held by us on consent is only kept for as long as we have your con- sent to process that data.
- Data will be periodically archived to provide historical and statistical records of attendance and participation.
- For a full list of our data retention periods you can contact us at email@example.com
6) Your Rights
- Under UK legislation you have a number of rights about how your data is processed. Full details of your personal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website https://ico.org.uk/
- Your rights include the right to:
- Request access to the data we hold about you.
- Have inaccurate and incomplete data rectified.
- Have the personal data we hold on you deleted (except where we are required to hold the data by law).
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Data that is held on consent will only be processed as long as we have your consent. To withdraw your consent you can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our websites and avoid having to re-enter information when you return to one of our sites.
- To measure our website traffic and analyse how our websites work. This will allow us to make changes to our websites in the future and make them easier to use.
- You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note if you disable all cookies you may not be able to access some parts of our websites.
Trypraying Office, 76, Lasswade Road, Edinburgh EH16 6SF